Basic Microsoft Word and Excel
Get your office skills up to speed with our beginners guide to Microsoft Word and Excel.
Get your office skills up to speed with our beginners guide to Microsoft Word and Excel. Our online course provides and introduction to using the most common word processor and spreadsheet software programmes in use today.
The course consists of two modules, to get you comfortable with your first steps for Excel and Word. The course is then split into bite-sized units which contain narrated slides and demonstration videos to take you through the content in a simple manner.
Basic Microsoft Excel
- Understanding the concept of spreadsheets
- Entering data, including "copy and paste" and "drag and fill"
- Using a spreadsheet for simple arithmetic
- Creating tables and graphs
- The tricks to succesful printing a document
- A short exercise to practice Excel formulae
Basic Microsoft Word
- Navigating around Word, and using the functions on the Ribbon
- Using fonts and pre-formatted styles
- Inserting tables and images into documents
- Controlling page appearance
- Spell and grammar checks
- Printing a document
Accredited by Highfield Awarding Body