Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
Deepen your understanding of food safety through this e-learning module. You'll discover how to applying food safety management systems in a food business, and how to maintain high standards of personal hygiene within a catering operation.
PayPal Buyer protection
Mobile device friendly content
Duration: Approx 20 hrs (GLH)
Retakes: Re-sit fees apply
This more advanced food hygiene course is designed to give a more in depth view of food hygiene and the typical controls that should be in place. All participants who pass the formal assessment at the end of the course receive the recognised level 3 qualification.
Gain a more in-depth view of food hygiene and the procedures and controls that should be in place to operate effectively and safely. This course awards a Level 3 qualification for all participants that pass the formal end of course assessment.
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at those working in the catering industry who are at, or wish to progress to, a higher or supervisory level.
These include ensuring compliance with food safety legislation, the application and monitoring of good hygiene practice, how to implement food safety management procedures and the application and monitoring of good practice regarding contamination, microbiology and temperature control.
Understand the Requirements for Ensuring Compliance with Food Safety Legislation and Management Procedures
- Recognise the importance of implementing food safety management procedures
- Recognise the responsibilities of those working in a catering environment in respect of food safety legislation and procedures for compliance
- Identify the process for applying a food safety management system into a food business
- Identify methods for, and the importance of, verifying food safety controls and procedures
- Recognise the responsibilities of those working in a catering environment when identifying and selecting suitable controls and monitoring, to prevent food safety hazards from purchase to service
Understand the Application and Monitoring of Good Practice regarding Contamination, Temperature Control, Personal Hygiene and Cleaning
- Identify the process of implementing and maintaining high standards of personal hygiene within a catering operation
- Recognise the requirements for induction and ongoing training of staff to ensure competency
- Identify the process of implementing procedures for cleaning, disinfection and waste disposal
- Identify the actions that need to be taken with regards to pest control
- Recognise the responsibilities of those working in a catering environment when identifying hazards posed by, and procedures to control, microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic contamination
- Recognise the importance of, and methods for temperature control within a food catering process
This qualification is assessed by a multiple-choice examination.
Obtaining your certificate
You will need to pass a multiple-choice exam after you have completed the course in order to gain the official qualification. But don’t worry – we will ensure that you are well prepared with our revision module and mock exam.
This course combines The Digital College courses "Level One Award in Health and Safety in a Construction Environment" and "Preparation for the CITB health, safety and environment test" to enable you to attain a CSCS "Green Card" as quickly as possible. Nothing extra to pay; all training and exam costs included! You just pay for the card.
This is the official qualification required by local councils for anyone in England and Wales applying for a Personal Licence to serve or sell alcoholic drinks. This delivers the complete training package of online study, practice questions, an invigilated assessment and an official certificate to those that pass this qualification. The certificate can then be supplied to your local council as part of your Personal Licence application.
This bundle contains everything you need to gain a Personal Licence to authorise the sale of alcoholic drinks in England and Wales. This delivers the complete training package of online study, practice questions, an invigilated assessment and an official certificate to those that pass this qualification. We will then obtain a DBS certificate and apply to your local council on your behalf - saving you a lot of time and effort.
This Level 1 Award Health and Safety course and test, awarded by Highfield Qualifications, is aimed at learners who currently work, or want to work, in construction. Successful completion will enable you to move on to take the CITB health, safety and environment test, and then apply for the new Construction Skills Certificate Scheme (CSCS) Green Card. This card allows access to construction sites in the UK as a non-skilled worker and is designed to improved overall site safety.
Our Level 2 Award An Introduction to First Aid for Mental Health qualification will increase your awareness of common mental health issues, such as anxiety, depression and stress, that can have an impact on our everyday lives. You'll also obtain knowledge on how a mental health first aider can provide immediate "on the spot" care to others, while looking after their own mental wellbeing. Upon successful completion of the invigilated assessments, you will receive an official certificate. This qualification incorporates the Level 1 Award An Introduction to Mental Health and Wellbeing qualification.
Our Level 2 Food Hygiene certificate course covers food hygiene, food hazards, food poisoning, how food becomes unsafe, personal hygiene, awareness of contamination, time and temperature factors, proper cleaning and sanitising, premises and equipment and food handling responsibilities. This is perfect for anyone preparing or handling food.